Brood Wars: StarCraft Expansion
This game is great. Well, its not really a game, but its an add-on for StarCraft. It has 2 new units for each of the three races, Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. It also has many new maps for use on battle.net.
In this game, you again can choose which race's campaign you use. The new idea is that the terrans try to take over and destroy all the enemies. The Protoss team up with the zerg and some rebel terrans to destroy the terran domination force. This story line is much more complex than the original StarCraft story line, making it a needed add-on.
Here is a list of the new units:
- This unit is used to heal your units, like an SCV repairs machines. It is good to have one medic for every 3 or 4 marines or firebats you have in an attack force.
- This is an air unit that attacks JUST other air units. They are good to put a few into a pack of 9-10 wraiths or 5-6 Battlecruisers.
- Dark Templar:
- This unit is seen but not used in orignal StarCraft. He is cloaked perminently, making him extremely useful in scouting and sneak attacks. 2 dark templars join to make a dark archon.
- Dark Archon:
- This is a combination of 2 dark templars. He looks like a regular archon, except he is bright red. He has no actual attacks, but he has mind control, so you can take over an opponents units and make them kill thier own creators.
- This is just like the Valkyrie. It is only able to attack air units.
- The Lurkers are mutated Hydralisks. They are equipped with spikes on thier backs. They can only attack by burrowing deep into the ground, and when enemies walk over them, they extend thier spikes up into the enemies. They can only be seen if there is a detector around, so are good for defense or for being dropped into an enemies base when they not expecting it. Above ground, they are vulnerable and can not attack at all.
- The Devourer is a mutated Mutalisk. It attacks just air units, the exact opposite of a zerg guardian. For a good attacking force, try 6 devourers, 6 guardians, and 12 mutalisks.
Click here to get back to the main page.